Thursday, December 26, 2013

Hell of a Day

First and foremost, I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday with their families.  I spent the holidays with mine.  First, going to my parents house on Christmas Eve and then to my inlaws for Christmas.  Santa was good, as he always is.  I picked up a nice new chest pack from William Joseph, and a bunch of gift cards (I don't think they are impersonal), which I always love.

Finally got to hit the river this morning.  It's been a while, but well worth the wait.  It was a cold morning with some snow, but managed to stay warm (thanks to my Eat My Fly Outfitters beanie), and land a few fish.  I have been testing out a new rod thanks to Risen Fly Company and couldn't be happier so far.  Today, it was put to the test with some large rainbows feasting on my flies.  The rivers have been low and the temps pretty cold, so I have spent a majority of my free time tying up some new patterns.  Most of my fish today were landed on egg patterns with veils.  I really wanted to try some of my new creations, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Needless to say, I stuck with the egg pattern all day.  Smart Choice!!











No comments:

Post a Comment