Saturday, December 7, 2013

Saturday Morning

So I was excited to receive a package in the mail on Friday. Risen Fly Company (www.risenfly.com) was gracious enough to let me to test out their rods.
With yesterday's rain, I figured I would hit up a beautiful creek that usually produces a ton of fish. Notice the key word...usually. Anyway, I got to spend time with some fishing friends and explored some water as well. The fishing was slow with the water being very muddy but low flows still. I managed to land one native brown and lost another. I landed this beauty on an egg pattern.
For the rest of the morning, I switched from eggs to midges to streamers. No action besides one missed brownie on a rainbow trout streamer. Even though it wasn't the most productive day, just being on the water would have been good enough. I truly do appreciate every trout I catch and can't wait to head out to catch my next. On a side note, I just want to thank Dub The Thorax for his great giveaways all week on his blog. I would also like to give a big thanks to Risen Fly Company. I can't wait to fill those boxes up and the rod seems very promising. Finally, I would like to thank HammerCreekFlyFishing.com for donating his contest winnings to Project Healing Waters. I decided to throw in an extra beanie myself for such a great cause. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment