Saturday, October 19, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy

First off....I just want to say thanks for all those that follow this blog or check it out periodically.  It's only been up for a month or two and has already had over 1000 page visits.  I hope my blog entertains you with my adventures and even teaches you a thing or two about fly fishing.

I know I have been a bit lazy lately with my stories and fly of the week but there is good reason.  I am looking forward and proud to announce that my new Fly Fishing Apparel Company is getting ready to launch in the next few weeks.  I have been working really hard to put a product out that is different, modern, simple, and appealing to fly fisherman all over the country.

The company is called Eat My Fly Outfitters and product will be available in the next two weeks.  I will keep you all posted about the company and its progress.


Back to fishing....I just love the fall.  The browns are spawning, the scenery is breathtaking, and the fish are hungry.  I have been fishing the South Branch and the Musky.  Even though the South Branch is really low, the fishing has been good.  Most of my success has been with egg patterns trailed by a very tiny midge or by itself.  However, fish have been rising during the evening.  A size 16 dark caddis pattern has been bringing trout in on a regular basis. 





The Musky is up still due to the lowering of Lake Hopatcong.  It has been on fire lately with most of my success again with egg patterns and a few big fish on streamers.  Hopefully you get a chance to get out there and do some fishing.  Remember that the midges tend to get smaller and darker as the fall season continues.  Fish with confidence and make sure you practice catch and release.  Enjoy the pics...










No comments:

Post a Comment